NTT DATA MSE Corporation will have a keynote session and a demonstration at Automotive Linux Summit (: ALS), which will be held from May 31st, 2017 in Ariake, Tokyo, hosted by The Linux Foundation.
In the keynote session, Hidenori Tsuzuki, Representative Director and President of NTT DATA MSE Corporation, will give a speech on “Importance of data utilization in the connected car era”.
Additionally, we will showcase a demonstration system which implements a connectivity functionality “SmartDeviceLink™ (: SDL)”, which connects smart devices and IVI systems, onto Automotive Grade Linux Unified Code Base (: AGL UCB) and Android™.
Time May 31st (Wed.) through June 2nd (Fri.)
Venue Tokyo Conference Center Ariake
URL The Linux Foundation
Automotive Linux Summit
Time May 31st (Wed.), 2017 11:20am – 11:40am
Presenter Hidenori Tsuzuki
Representative Director and President
NTT DATA MSE Corporation
Overview Importance of data utilization in the connected car era
Use Case of SDL
Acquiring vehicle information with SDL and AGL UCB
This is the demonstration system using the functionality that smart devices can acquire vehicle information via IVI systems, which is one of the feature of SDL, on AGL UCB. We expect that carmakers and service providers will expand their own telematics services using the functionality in the future.
Figure 1. Overview of “Acquiring vehicle information with SDL and AGL UCB”
- A smart device acquires vehicle information, which is issued by steering controller, via an IVI system and upload it to AWS server.
- Uploaded vehicle information can be browsed via a PC or a tablet.
- For driver distraction, contents on a display can be switched using vehicle information.
Next generation infotainment / cockpit with SDL and Unity
This is the demonstration system of next generation infotainment / cockpit for automotive field using SDL and Unity on Android with the cooperation of Unity Technologies (: Unity). This is the world’s first case which utilizes Unity for automotive field. We expect that carmakers and service providers will be able to provide such a system, which utilizes various services and functionality of smartphone, to end user with SDL and Unity who has a lot of achievements all over the world.
Figure 2. Overview of “Next generation infotainment / cockpit with SDL and Unity”
- A smartphone application made with Unity streams screen data, which are rendered using OpenGL, to a head unit in real time, and a head unit replays it.
- A head unit transmits touch coordinate to a smartphone in real time, and a smartphone application transits screen according to the touch coordinate.
Our company will contribute to drive commercialization and practical realization of both AGL and SDL forward through organizing and performing collaboration with the other AGL related companies or function extension.
* “Android”is a trademark of Google Inc.
* “AWS” is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* “Unity” is a registered trademark of Unity Technologies.
* “OpenGL” is a registered trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
* Company names, product names and logos mentioned here are trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.